Panda Camp Management software is a cloud-based web application for managing camps, accommodation, contacts, and more at camp-sites.
- Contact Management
- Camps Management
- Accommodation / Bookings Management (with Google Calendar integration)
- Invoicing (with Xero integration)
- Clubs / Societies Membership Management
- Incident Register (Accident/ Incident / Safety Concern Reporting)
Basically the software is a full solution of all camp-site related activities.
CYC Waihola (a youth camp in South Otago) has been part of the active development (and the test bed for) of this application for the past 15 years where it has been used exclusively for the management of camps (including enrolments), society administration, accommodation bookings and newsletter mail-outs.
It is designed primarily for use at New Zealand camps-sites that host external groups and/or run OSCAR standard kids camps.
Detailed Feature List:
- Multi user online system – ie several users in different parts of the office (or even world) can access the system at the same time
- Cloud based software so works everywhere on a browser (PC, Mac, Linux, iPad, Android, smartphones)
- Unlimited contacts
- Unlimited groups to sort contacts into
- Contacts can be grouped into multiple groups
- Export to vCard, CSV, HTML, PDF labels, PDF envelopes and XML formats
- Powerful donation tracking including printing end of year donation receipts
- Print reports, receipts, labels and envelopes directly from the system
- Mailout features to allow mailing contacts directly via email (postage is getting expensive in this country!!) and keep track of previous mail-outs – this feature is very good for newsletter mail-outs and board meeting notifications.
- Contact File Management - upload records against individual contacts
Camp Module Features:
- Based around the New Zealand Ministry of Social Development (OSCAR child-care) standards
- Add unlimited camps for campers to enrol in
- with fees management (including discounts)
- Set max numbers with waiting list capabilities
- Make contact regularly with campers and leaders throughout the enrolment process
- Invoicing for camp fees with live Xero integration
- Run camps based on OSCAR standards
- prints attendance lists, fire evacuation sheets, health issues forms, over due fees, reports
- easily demonstrate all requirements during MSD Childcare audit
- Camper Management
- Health Issues
- Complete camp history builds up picture of camper numbers, camp attendance.
- Green / Yellow / Red flag campers to indicate issues with behaviour / health at past camps
- Staff Management
- Add as many staff as you want
- OSCAR standards managed – police checks, application forms, references and referees, staff evaluations, staff training
- Assign different roles to staff within camps
- Email staff directly forms and training information
- Upload files related to staff and campers for ease of access and for new OSCAR electronic pull-up system requirements
- Camps be booked on-site using the Accommodation integration
- Add different areas of accommodation
- See at a glance group accommodation on offer, confirmed, paid.
- Templated Emails to groups about different stages of the booking process
- Track cancelled groups
- Book groups into different areas of camp-site
- Track activities used by groups
- Powerful invoicing of groups after stay including live Xero integration
- Powerful bed night tracking and reporting
- Syncs to Google Calendar for easy and quick booking checks
Societies Module Features:
- Track society membership with ease
- Expire or resign members with ease
- Invoice all members for membership subscription and keep track of fees paid
- Powerful donations tracking
Health and Safety Module Features:
- Cloud based incident register for recording and tracking incidents
- Record action taken, further notes, etc. in one place for audits
- Print reports for board meetings
Xero Plugin Features:
- Creates invoices live into Xero Accounting software
- Syncs payments automatically between Xero and PANDA
- Integrates Xero Tracking and Branding
- PANDA 2.1
- Christian Youth Camps (Waihola) Inc
- Camp Manaia (Northland)
- Coopers Beach Christian Camp (Northland)
Pricing of PANDA
PANDA costs $20 per month to cover the hosting and basic costs of bug fixes and upgrades. Licencing of PANDA is best described as “ministry source” – code ownership remains Tim Wiel’s along with any changes made. Changes and feature requests are possible but require us to charge for the work done and the work is shared amongst all other users of the software.
We are happy to work something out. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a demo and for more information.
Venue360 is the ultimate camp software package for all venues, camp-sites, events and more!
PANDA camp software is designed for smaller camp-sites with 1-5 accommodation basic areas and/or basic child-care type camps (i.e. NZ OSCAR standard type holiday camps using volunteers as leaders).
For bigger or more complex venues/camp-sites PANDA will not be suitable for you.
So if your camp-site/venue is:
- a large multi-site camp
- OR has very large numbers of multi-faceted bednights
- OR you need resource (activities, rooms, etc.) management and scheduling
- OR run lots of event (ticketed) type based camps
- OR want to do live online enrolments using social media, website front-ends, etc
- OR PANDA doesn't do this feature or that feature
... then I highly recommend Venue360. It is the "next step up" from PANDA. I'm involved a little bit in the world-wide development team of this software and so can highly recommend it.
See https://www.venue360.com/ for more information.